I Love New York!

In the Neighborhood

Ciao, My Way readers! I'm Monica (aka Chessa!) from Ciao, Chessa! I am so excited to be a part of Carlotta's guest post series. Thank you, Carlotta!

Among other things, I am a New Yorker, a self-taught photographer and a Corporate Dropout (well, I became a dropout just over a year ago when I left my job as a fancy New York City corporate lawyer). I left all that, the crazy hours, the lucrative and steady pay and the security, to pursue my dream of working as a photographer. It was a huge risk and it was very scary at first but I have never been happier. One of my favorite things about being my own boss is that I make my own rules.

I love what I do and the one thing that inspires me, other than my wonderful husband and my family, is my hometown - New York City. I love this city. I love the energy, the diversity, the anonymity, the feeling that you may be walking down the street alone, but are always accompanied...New York inspires me and motivates me.

Since I work from home, some days, if I am really busy, I rarely make it out of the house for more than five minutes. I get up and have coffee and then I sit at my desk and the next thing I know it's 3:00 and then I have no idea where the day went. I noticed that this was happening a lot so I decided that I would get up and go out before even starting work. Some days it's only 20 minutes. Other days it's a few hours. The beauty of being self-employed is that you can make your own rules and schedule...I decided that I would take advantage of that!

So...I begin every day with a walk...sometimes short, sometimes long, but always...always...inspiring. I take my camera with me every where I go so of course I throw it over my shoulder when I go for my daily walks.

this must be something more than a seasonal thing

I love New York. This is how I see it...

Happy Friday!

The Way Out - The Way In

I'd love to hear from you so please stop by Ciao, Chessa! to say hi:)

Thanks, again, Carlotta! xo

step by step

Today's soundtrack:
Madonna - Jump

Urban Wash

Copyright Monica L. Shulman

Copyright Monica L. Shulman

Copyright Monica L. Shulman

Wet Manhattan

Leaving New York...

you pick the place and I'll choose the time

Bookmark and Share

add to kirtsy